The Marketing Director leads the strategic planning, development and execution of marketing efforts for higher education programs and other initiatives for our partner universities. The Marketing Director serves as a key point of contact for the partner university’s marketing team, and for the internal marketing and cross-functional teams. The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and managing marketing plans to achieve student acquisition and enrollment goals. A thorough understanding of higher education programs’ value propositions and of students’ needs are required in order to develop initiatives and marketing campaigns that will generate improved results. The Marketing Director provides insight that will result in better and more efficient program implementation.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan, execute and oversee product marketing strategy, including online, offline, affiliates, and partnerships in support of the overall higher education program offerings to help drive student enrollment growth.
- Develop unique positioning, messaging and creative, along with Creative Services, to support programs’ overall value proposition(s).
- Direct both internal and external resources in the development of the marketing materials and media spend.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for marketing strategy and obtain university approvals for marketing assets.
- Ensure all assets are accurate, up to date, and optimized for driving inquiry and enrollment growth.
- Partner with Digital Marketing, Web, Engagement, SEO and Marketing Analytics teams to establish tracking, measurement and reporting for all marketing activity.
- Analyze results to continuously optimize efforts with channel partners.
- Innovate and evolve marketing strategies to maintain product positioning and grow the market share profitability.
- Research and analyze economic trends, competitive landscape, industry trends, buying habits, and the demographic characteristics of potential students and translate findings into actionable strategies.
- Generate and maintain competitive research by institution and program.
- Monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Academic leaders, Admissions, Analytics, and Senior Management to accomplish business objectives.
- Partner with B2B or field sales teams to identify opportunities to increase enrollments and carry ideas to execution (where appropriate)
- Develop and prepare reports and presentation materials for Senior Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business Administration or Marketing 10 years marketing experience, with a minimum of 5 years focused in product and/or portfolio brand management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent diplomatic, teamwork, verbal / written communication skills.
- Leadership attributes and strong client relationship management skills.
- The ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment with changing priorities is essential.
- Ability to work creatively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong background in digital (online) marketing.
- Master’s Degree (MBA)
- Agency and direct client experience
- Higher education marketing experience
Location: Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Job Functional Area: Marketing
Business Unit: 00091 Kaplan Higher ED
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found here .
Individuals hired for KNA positions that require in-person travel and/or interactions must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise prohibited by law. KNA complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community. Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the Organization. Kaplan’s employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our students’ needs in today’s global market. Learn more about our culture .